News: View information on 1600+ coins at http://cryptodatabase.net

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New to Hyper + Opinion  (Read 188 times)

ricky3555

• View Profile
New to Hyper + Opinion
« on: July 05, 2017, 11:04:26 AM »
I just downloaded the wallet today...

I have been reading post about this coin for an hour now and i'm underwhelmed.

Every post i read is deja vu

So the 2.0 is basically the same thing it was 3years ago...
Just resetting the pos

Reading the old thread i see soooo many promises for games yet 3years later there is 1 game
for a coin that has a niche that revolves around gaming.

This is the best pos system i have seen but imo so many mistakes are being made.

Reading that most games where not finished due to lack of funds and seeing this http://cryptodatabase.net/forum/index.php?topic=90.0 3m+ coins burned

Just use them to make games.... ik people hate premines but if the end result is worth it they won't stay mad.

Id even be willing to help
It will cost alot to make a custom game.

Why not make a private server?  server files can be found free you just pay for server upkeep and hosting.

Like Warcraft, runescape, perfectworld It would be too much trouble replacing the currency in these games... Soooo make a webshop exchanging game currency for hyper.

Now you're probably wondering where is this hyper going to come from to reward players.
Warcraft usually has vip packages example PVP server  "1" hyper for a package of endgame gear  On death it's destroyed forcing another package to be bought "entry" the one who killed him gets 95% back as a reward. 0.95 hyper.

Runescape idk maybe 1day vip for 1hyper  or 10 for 30days\
Vip will give 2x rates
And coins can be exchanged via webshop

perfectworld.....   Hyper entry and free entry pvp tournaments hosted by gms with rewards
This game is easy to setup plus ingame cashshop "gold"  gold could be bought with hyper.

If you want to create a custom game....

I have an ideal i have kept a year or two now pmme if interested

CryptoDatabase

• Administrator
  • http://cryptodatabase.net
    • View Profile
Re: New to Hyper + Opinion
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:16:15 PM »
Hyper 2.0 picks up where HYPER 1 left off after the dev abandoned it, but with an upgraded code base. The old thread is outdated and no longer in use since it was taken over by the community.

Above all our main issue is getting people to run or manage servers. We have monthly and weekly game contests but managed by the HYPER Board.

For private servers there is a legal issue. We can't legally modify their games and use them without their permission and as far as I know none of those games allow this. Runescape for instance, will ask any private server owner who is profiting from their game to take it down or get sued.

For the leftover coins, ~2.5m, these were/are coins that were owned by old HYPER users and since they were not swapped they will be burned. The dev balance has quite a bit in it right now that is staking.

For a custom game, ideas are welcomed but would need someone to create the game. Creating games from scratch does cost quite a bit of money yes and paying someone else to create one costs even more.

For an example, my new game DKV2:U would cost someone around $2-5k to have made plus server costs.

ricky3555

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:53:26 PM »
Oh okay :) not to proud to admit i was wrong.

can you help with my question.
I have 1.16 hyper in my wallet for like 5hours do i need to use the console to start it staking.... i couldn't find the right command if so...

Everytime i re-open the client the bolt icon on the bottom left says not staking to staking...

So is it already staking?  i'm just confused because it says stake 0.00

CryptoDatabase

• Administrator
  • http://cryptodatabase.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 05:12:59 PM »
Oh okay :) not to proud to admit i was wrong.

can you help with my question.
I have 1.16 hyper in my wallet for like 5hours do i need to use the console to start it staking.... i couldn't find the right command if so...

Everytime i re-open the client the bolt icon on the bottom left says not staking to staking...

So is it already staking?  i'm just confused because it says stake 0.00

To stake HYPER you just need to open your wallet and let it run. You can check to see if your wallet is staking by opening the console and type getstakinginfo it will pop up something like this.

{
"enabled" : true,
"staking" : true,

"errors" : "",
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 547756.33101675,
"search-interval" : 16,
"weight" : 21838284404988,
"netstakeweight" : 185212393049338,
"expectedtime" : 1017
}

If the text in bold says false then open up the hyper-v2.conf file in your hyper-v2 roaming folder and put staking=1

For your amount of HYPER the stakes you get will be spread apart a good bit due to it being a low amount so I wouldn't expect to get constant stakes.

The reason the client says you aren't staking when you first open it is because your wallet has to be fully synced and connected before it sets your coins to staking. Once your wallet is opened and synced the icon will change to show that you are staking.